NanoPi NEO pi zero killer
Allwinner H3 continue to dominate on iot market! After Orange pi one and lite destroyed proprietary raspberry pi 2 now is time for Pi zero to be in history. FriendlyARM has now come with another model for their NanoPi family. There is no interfaces to connect an external display, but this board is made to be used for headless applications.
FriendlyARM provides Ubuntu-Core with Qt-Embedded for the board relying on Linux 3.4 legacy kernel. As linux foundation member Allwinner H3 should get full mainline support in Linux 4.7 or 4.8. NanoPi NEO sells for $7.99 with 256 RAM, $9.99 with 512 RAM + shipping!
NanoPi NEO specifications:
- SoC -Allwinner H3 quad core Cortex A7 @ 1.2 GHz with an ARM Mali-400MP2 GPU up to 600 MHz
- System Memory -256 or 512 MB DDR3
- Storage - micro SD card slot
- Connectivity 802.11; 10/100M Ethernet
- USB - 1x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port, 2x USB via headers
- 24-pin header with I2C, 2x UART, SPI, PWM, and power signals
- 12-pin header with 2x USB, IR pin, microphone and Line OUT signals
- Debugging - 4-pin header for serial console
- Misc 802.11 Power and status LEDs
- Power Supply - 5V/2A via micro USB port or VDD pin on headers.
- Dimensions - 40 x 40 mm (Raspberry Pi Zero: 65mm x 30mm)